How to Apply
The following process should be followed when seeking admission to the DPT program.
To be considered for admission, all applicants must apply online through
- Upload a completed Prerequisite Coursework form.
- Send official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate course work from all institutions previously attended. To be considered official, transcripts must have the college or university seal.
- Submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. Please visit for additional information. DeSales University’s PTCAS reporting code is 4460.
- Answer all required program questions on the PTCAS application regarding your interest in the field of physical therapy, including a description of academic, employment and volunteer experiences related to the field.
- Completed a minimum of 40 hours of observation/volunteer/internship/employment hours at a single physical therapy facility. Additional observation hours in a variety of physical therapy practice settings is highly recommended (i.e. acute care, inpatient rehabilitation, outpatient rehabilitation, geriatrics, pediatrics, home care, sports medicine). Observation must be verified in PTCAS by the licensed physical therapist with whom it was performed.
- Request recommendations to be completed by the licensed physical therapist with whom the required 40 hours of clinical observation was performed and two (2) non-relative, professional individuals, including, but not limited to, professors, employers, coaches, and licensed physical therapists with whom additional clinical observation was performed. All recommendations should be submitted directly to PTCAS by the individuals who complete them and not by the applicant.
- Review the program's Technical Standards and Essential Functions required of physical therapy practice and indicate an understanding of and ability to meet them by submitting the signed and dated acknowledgment form. Technical Standards Acknowledgment Form (pdf)
- All transcripts from any degree-granting institution outside the United States must be evaluated by a NACES approved evaluation service with the resulting report submitted with the DPT program application. Please visit for additional information.
- International applicants from a country where the official language is other than English must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Please visit for additional information. DeSales University’s institutional reporting code is 002021.
All applicants considered for acceptance into the DPT Program will be required to participate in an on-campus interview with DPT faculty prior to any admission decision.
Candidates selected for an on-campus interview should be prepared to discuss why they have chosen to pursue a career in physical therapy and how they perceive the role of the physical therapist as a member of the healthcare team. They should be able to effectively describe their own skills and strengths and demonstrate their understanding of the qualities expected of a professional healthcare provider. Knowledge of the profession of physical therapy gained through volunteer and work experiences and familiarity with the American Physical Therapy Association will prepare the candidate to address these questions. During the interview, the DPT Admissions Team will be observing the candidate's oral communication skills, professional demeanor and attitudes, ability to interact in a group, ability to solve problems, expressed commitment to learning, and motivation to pursue a career in physical therapy. Interview candidates will also be asked to complete an on-site essay to assess written communication skills.
Xổ số miền bắc 30 ngày trướcThe opportunity to participate in a campus tour will also be available.