Skip to main content

Billing & Payment

The Office of the Treasurer is here to assist with any questions or concerns you may have regarding billing and payment.

Admissions at Dooling Hall - DeSales University

Make your Deposit

Xổ số miền bắc 30 ngày trướcHave you been accepted to DeSales University? If you haven't done so already, please make your tuition deposit. Then, you'll be given access to MyDSU, your one-stop shop for all things DeSales.

You can also make your deposit in person at DeSales' Office of the Treasurer in Dooling Hall. Office Hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.

Call 610.282.1100, ext. 1246 for more information.

Spring 2021 Semester

Payment of your bill is due on or before Wednesday, January 13, 2021.

You should receive your bill via U.S. Mail the second week of December. 

  • Payments received after January 13 will be charged a $75 late fee.
  • Please use the Balance Reconciliation Form to make any adjustments to your bill for any approved aid or payment plans not be reflected on your bill. This net amount must be paid by the due date. All transactions are subject to review and audit and may change, as appropriate.
  • If your bill is paid by January 13, 2021, and you have completed the Loan Deferment Applicant Statement on the Balance Reconciliation Form, if applicable, you will be cleared by the Bursar's Office to attend the Fall Semester.
  • If you have not cleared your account you must obtain Bursar's Office approval in order to be cleared to begin classes. You will be assessed a $75 late payment fee and may be subject to de-registration from your classes.
  • If your account is not cleared upon arrival on campus, you may be subject to waiting in long lines at the residence halls or at the Bursar's Office.
  • To expedite clearing your account, we stress that you make a payment and clear your account by the January 13 date. For questions concerning your Financial Aid please contact 610.282.1100, ext. 3382. Housing and Meal questions can be directed to 610.282.1100 ext. 1425. Please contact the Bursar's Office at 610.282.1100, ext. 1343, with any questions concerning your payment.

Payment Plan

DeSales does not have a payment plan of its own; however, we do offer a payment plan option through an outside provider for traditional undergraduate students.

This convenient monthly payment plan option can help you pay for all or part of your college expenses. You should have received a brochure with important information and deadlines for plan enrollment.

Xổ số miền bắc 30 ngày trướcFor more information or to enroll please call 800.422.0010 or visit .

Online Healthcare Prerequisites

Bursar’s Office Frequently Asked Questions

  • When will I receive my tuition bill and when is payment due?

    Tuition bills for the spring semester are processed during the first week of December.
    The payment due date for spring 2021 is January 13, 2021.   

    Xổ số miền bắc 30 ngày trước Please note: work study and institutional employment awards are not deducted from your tuition statement because you will receive paychecks for the hours you have worked under these programs.

  • Where can I pay my tuition and fees?

    • Online through your student’s MyDSU portal under the Make a Payment Link. If you are a parent or guardian, your student will need to sign you into their account, and you can pay with either an e-check, debit or credit card.
    • In person at the Bursar’s Office window by cash, check or credit card during normal business hours.
    • By mail: checks should be mailed to the address on your statement.
    • By phone: call the office during normal business hours with a credit or debit card. 
  • Can my parents discuss my financial matters with the Bursar’s Office since I am not paying the bill?

    Due to FERPA* regulations, our offices cannot speak with anyone other than the student unless the student has completed the Privacy Release Information via their MyDSU portal.

    To complete the Privacy Release Information form:

    1. The student needs to sign into the MyDSU portal and choose the “WebAdvisor for Students” tab.
    2. Click on the Communications link and then select Privacy Release Information - this will open a window with an explanation of the FERPA regulation and a box that says "No release info"
    3. Delete the “No release info” and fill in the name and relationship for anyone they would like to grant us permission to discuss their student records. 

    Choosing to leave the “No release info” unchanged would mean we can only speak with the student directly. 

    *FERPA is a federal regulation that indicates that the University cannot discuss records with another party unless a student gives the school express permission to do so.  

  • If my financial aid does not cover my entire balance, what options do I have?

    If you have received an award package from the Financial Aid Office and it does not cover the total charges for the spring semester, you have several options available to you: 

    • pay the remaining balance in full by the payment due date
    • apply for a Parent PLUS Loan or a Private Education Loan
    • set up a payment plan

    You can also cover your remaining balance using a combination of these options. 

  • Is there a payment plan option available?

    The University offers an interest-free payment plan option through a third party payment plan company - Higher Education Services (HES).  You can contact them online at or at 1-800-422-0010. HES does not have access to your student account so you will need to provide them with the amount you want to pay for the year. 
  • What if I am using a 529 Plan to pay my statement balance?

    If you plan on using a 529 Plan to pay your balance and the plan provider will not disburse the check to the University by the payment due date, simply indicate the amount to be paid using the 529 Plan on the Balance Reconciliation Form and forward your completed Form by using the envelope provided with your statement by the payment due date. 
  • If I am using Direct Loans, Direct Parent PLUS or Private Education Loans to pay my tuition invoice, will they appear on my tuition statement?

    If you have accepted your Direct Loans they will display on your tuition statement under the Pending Financial Aid section. Your Direct Loans will not display under the Pending Financial Aid section of your statement unless you have accepted your loans AND completed your Master Promissory Note (“MPN”) AND Entrance Counseling prior to the printing of your statement. 

    Direct Parent PLUS Loans and Private Education Loans will display on the statement as long as all documentation required by the lender, which includes completion of an MPN for Direct Parent PLUS Loans, is completed and the loan has been certified by the Office of Financial Aid prior to the statement being generated. 

    Xổ số miền bắc 30 ngày trướcPlease keep in mind that there are origination fees under the Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loan and Parent PLUS Loan programs; these fees are deducted before the loan proceeds are applied to the student’s account. 

  • What is the Balance Reconciliation Form?

    The Balance Reconciliation Form is enclosed with your statement. Use this form to:

    • notify the Bursar’s Office of any financial aid or pending loans that are not already reflected on your account statement
    • report amounts to be paid using the HES payment plan or 529 plan options.

    You do not need to use this form if you will be paying your remaining balance in full by the due date or if your certified financial aid covers your entire balance due.   

  • I am only billed part-time tuition and I have no financial aid showing on my invoice. What do I do?

    If your statement displays only Part-time Tuition, you are not registered for at least 12 credits for the semester. If you are only registered as part-time, you are not eligible for institutional grants and scholarships.   
  • If I have a credit on my account from financial aid and/or loans, what happens to that money?

    If a credit balance is created on your account as a result of financial aid or loan funds, you can request a refund. If the credit is created as a result of a Direct Loan, the refund will be issued in the student’s name. If the credit is created as a result of the Parent PLUS Loan, the refund will be issued in the parent’s name. If you participate in the HES plan, any refund will not be issued until all tuition payments are paid for that semester.
  • I’ve received an outside scholarship. What do I do?

    Outside scholarships can be deducted from your tuition invoice. If the check will be mailed directly to the University, please send a copy of the notification letter along with your Balance Reconciliation Form by the due date.   

    Xổ số miền bắc 30 ngày trướcFinancial aid packages are based on your financial need; therefore, we need to monitor aid from all sources. Receipt of an outside award will first reduce any unmet need, then reduce grant and self-help equally. If you receive an outside scholarship (for example, Lion’s Club, Knights of Columbus, etc.), please notify the Office of Financial Aid. 

  • Can I use extra financial aid funds to buy books at the Campus Store?

    Yes, provided your financial aid package has been completely certified by the Office of Financial Aid, you can transfer excess funds to your Paw Bucks account. Call or stop by the Bursar’s Office during normal business hours to move the funds to your Paw Bucks account. 
  • What is a Paw Bucks account?

    A Paw Bucks account is a declining debit account accessed with your University ID Card.  This account provides students with the convenience to make purchases at the Campus Store, dining halls, or at select off-campus merchants without carrying cash.  All University students are eligible to open a Paw Bucks account. 

    Learn more about Paw Bucks

  • What meal plan options are available?

    Xổ số miền bắc 30 ngày trướcResident students are required to have a meal plan each semester. If you are a commuter, you are not required to have a meal plan; however, you are eligible to participate in any meal plan; alternatively, you can also put funds on your Paw Bucks account in lieu of a meal plan. 

Refund Policy

A refund of payments will be made to a student who withdraws honorably from DeSales University.

In all cases, the refund will be credited from the date the student completed the registrar’s official withdrawal process and will be based on the amount of time the student has spent at the University until the semester is 60% complete. At this time all applicable tuition—fees, room and board, and financial aid— shall be considered to be 100% earned. For example, if the length of the semester is 100 days, and the student withdraws after 30 days, 30% of all charges would be considered earned and a 70% refund of all charges will be applied. If the student withdraws after 75 days, all charges are considered 100% earned and a refund will not be applied.

When rooms are vacated voluntarily during the term, there will be no refund for the semester’s room and board for students who have not withdrawn from the University. If the vacating is involuntary, because of discipline or some other University-initiated reason, a pro-rata refund will be disbursed.

Please note: Students who have already received a refund of a credit balance may owe money to the University and/or to the Title IV financial aid programs in the case of withdrawal within the first 60% of the semester.

Transcripts will not be issued by DeSales University for any student who has an outstanding financial obligation.


Contact Us

Undergraduate Admissions